We all know when our weak moments are, so it’s best to have a plan to prepare for
them. Arm yourself with an arsenal of healthy distractions.
- Avoid eating while watching TV
- Go read a book (away from food)
- Go for a walk, get some fresh air
- Tell yourself, ” I don’t have to stick with the plan, I want to!”
- Picture yourself at your goal, or in your favorite outfit
- Don’t eat after a certain time (for example, don’t eat after dinner or
- after 8 p.m.)
- Don’t put on your comfy clothes until you are going to bed.
- Brush and floss your teeth
- Talk to someone on the phone
- Avoid eating on the run; sit down and eat, savoring your food
- Don’t eat out of a bag or a package: ever! Set aside one serving for yourself.
- Consume the calories you need during the day. Don’t go home famished.
- Make sure you get your sleep. A rested person equals a strong person.
- Find an evening reward for yourself! Set aside a favorite healthy snack for the evenings, read in bed, a fun, relaxing hobby, a bath, or (my favorite) just go to bed early!
All the tips in the world can help but, in the end, this will all fall back to
self-discipline. Every right choice, no matter how small, will help move you
toward your goal. The more you apply discipline, the easier it gets to do so!
Barb Grandison is the wife of former NBA player Ronnie Grandison
and the mother of five.
She is currently the owner of BG FIT, Healthy Lifestyle Training
Fitness/Marketing Director of RG Basketball Academy
Facebook: BG Fit Healthy Lifestyle Training