- Grasp the upper end of the bar with your right hand behind your left shoulder. Anchor the lower end of the bar at your left hip with your left hand. Palms face forward
- Exhale, engage your abs while pulling the bar down with your right hand until your hand is at chest level. At the same time, press up slightly with your left hand.
- Inhale and return to the start position
- Keep feet hip width apart
- Keep your torso erect throughout the movement, avoid bending forward.
- Avoid dropping your head, keeping your gaze level.